CC United U9/U10 Academy Program
What is the MYSA Academy Program?
The Academy Program is inclusive of all U9 and U10 playing levels and the overall format is similar to the traditional MYSA league. In the Academy Program, however, each gender will train and play games as a combined age group of U9/U10 players, instead of training as separate teams. The advantages to a combined U9/U10 group:
- All players receive the same training
- Players will be able to flow between groups to match their skills in various exercises allowing all players to be successful
- Players will see beyond their team and create a chemistry with more players
- All players at the U9/10 age group will have the same game schedule
- As players progress throughout a season, we will be able to move them to different levels at any time as everyone belongs to one age group, not an individual team
Coaches leading the CC United Academy Program
The CC United Academy Program will be led by licensed coaches but parent coaches will still be an important part of the Academy Program.
The Role of Parent Coaches
The Academy Program will be needing the help of parent coaches. The club’s Academy Program lead coaches need parent coaches to step up and help the program run smoothly and to give as many kids guidance as possible. The importance of parent coaches to this club will never go away.
The Academy Program parent coaches will receive weekly practice plans and to build a binder of ideas that can be used at practice sessions.
Each game day the parent coach will take a group of players relevant to their child’s level, and will have goals and objectives to achieve that pertain to the previous practices.
The Academy Program parent coaches will have the opportunity to take USSF or NSCAA licensing courses (at the expense of the club) to prepare them to coach at a U11 level.